Sunday 2 June 2013

Scotland Independent since 1314 but not from 2014


 
  

September 2014  is meant to be the date Scotland  votes to  become independent  and will be a vote  for a prophecy either way

 

I hope for more referendums on  nation status within  the UK and UK EU membership  by 2018  as I believe devolution is the proper way forward  for Europe

 

Scotland is a nation of great history not unlike  Lithuania   and it is the year of Bannockburn

however this referendum could be held in the year of    Nevilles Cross,   Methven Halidon Hill, The Standard  and Solway Moss  and the result would have the same chance of victory

 an Independent Scotland  will like  any other post 2020  nation  find its  future state  more the land of the battle of   Sauchieburn than the land of Bannockburn

 

 

i have noted  that when I was ill years ago  i read a lot of shipwreck and  island novels  when I was recovering  indicative of my ICU condition    and now in what is becoming long unemployment  post  redundancy  I turn to lost  kingdoms and  dead dynasties  blowing my nose  for ducal burgundy   and getting  up each morning according to the prophecies of  Merlin

 

looking back  on history is  a sign of a  failing of  a society for example the  current BBC  TV  obsession with the Tudors in drama and documentary  now with  Gregorys  white queen on TV  opening up   the war of the Clone  Roses  era  Tudors the prequels

 

The Tudors  were the last personality  driven dynasty  with an   indifference to affairs in Europe   the last time  England had  a clean   non colonial past   Tudor England with its  strong economy  and with its wolseys and tom Cromwell   poor lads made good in  power.

.A modern age   between the  medieval kings  in armour  and followed  by the   dithering   Rizzio -Stuarts   and  the  Hanoverians who as you may see appear in portraits  all wearing T shirts  with the slogan  " I'm with Stupid!

 

Scotland inspired   my poems "sule skerry" and "the confession of the North Berwick witches"    

  Scotland should  get  independence as should Wales,  Cornwall and my own Mercia

 

here is to the  21st  century  independence of Scotland and Wales  or do I mean more  realistically   on the old maps   Far North Britain  and  Far West  Britain 

 

Mercia is  just an  Midlands region and Scotland has the best chance of nationhood this century but as I have mentioned before  in   2012 post flag of nowhere in America   nations  will cease  to exist by the end of the century  as they are no longer needed  

 a new age but cross  a fire  to get there

 

 

much of my poetry remains pencil notes  

  quickly disposed of  45  pencil note poems unpublished  since  October 2012   lost to the ages  ha ha  and farewell  to  my various versions of zennor wedding ,complicated  poems about twist physics  and time travel, the poem about Leonardo da Vinci  whitening boards   and asking anyone passing had they seen  a monster  and others  too twee  to name

 

salters  ghost  as on previous post among my most popular poems to date

had noted on some forums quite by  chance of posting i was  uploading   (one after the other even thought they were written months apart )sea theme poems   about whales , sea ghosts and mermaids  and started  getting reputation of "a sea poet  albeit a good one " and me living miles inland   

just writing what comes into my head   try to get off  themes of  rewrite  history,  fantasy and fish  poems   but no matter what all in the same  basic complex  style

 

 

my  voluntary work   soon ended as  i was told too highly skilled  for them to  use as volunteer  and the existing trainer being near  retirement age  and only doing health and safety  manual handling  training   nothing funding wise for   employability  or IT

"Thank you for recent interest in volunteering with us as a Tutor.

After a few meetings we have agreed that the subjects we are developing at the moment don't correspond with your subjects"

 

noted  that  at least two of the existing  community learning IT  centres still using windows xp  so  my skills  in teaching windows 8  not needed

 why did I spend 18 years  teaching and learning about IT   to get to this state

 

 

frustrated at this even though know this stagnation will end

 

 despite  how nice it may seem   to those lucky to still be on the 9-5 do not like sitting at home spending my  long days  reading and writing  poetry

 

 got to the point thinking  I will never work again

even my  annual subscriptions  to  my professional  body and  alumni associations  look like  needless expense

 

No comments:

Post a Comment