Thursday 26 April 2012

seeing the sky with an astrolabe


As planned  I changed the rete on my astrolabe to use stronger paper  and reinforced the dials with backing cardboard the astrolabe  works as seen in tis setting for this week stars  in northern hemisphere   note orion just above taurus 
the astrolabe of course works on the same principle as those star pocket viewers or plantispheres but i find it effective  and can use it alongside my  mariners astrolabe i made last year

on a poetry front mixed news   i have posted to three poetry forums rather than one
 moods of wookey hole legends   my you tube poem    got good comments
enjoyably disconnected; mysterious; fresh
  and the occasional complaint from some one angered by the poems  confusing language ie  quoted in full as I  find it so  entertaining by its sheer critical non entity

This wasn't bad, but what is a fallen tomb? How can a door be haunted by the tombs. 'Telling empty'? Not sure what you mean there. I'm not sure what the cave is suppose to be. It reads like every line is meant to be a fluffy verse meant to be on it's on.(own)Nothing really links together. You have some nice images, but it could be better.(!)
 Emphasize on the girl led away by fairies. It's too vague and abstract to have a meaning in my opinion.
tend to get asked questions on forums when i post poems   such as  "A fragment ,ask for  my advice on improving"  all could answer was "I wrote it in 1994   sorry never looked at it since" and that ends the conversation  from my worthy mentor  i have been writing for nearly 30 years  so tend to  put mix of new stuff and stuff from 80s and 90s  that not me -its my  unpublished back catalogue

 got rejected by magazine editor  for  distant machine  posted  on this blog already guessed the reason 

"While this poem has some lovely lines, e.g., "Gray over the rainbow/A gospel of white light," there are some problems with syntax and clarity. 
Note that explaining a poem in the cover letter should be unnecessary. I can't use this one, but I'd be happy to see more of your work."

although i have sent emails to Bettany Hughes mentioned my theory on the minoan culture and the god goddess trinity as  bull leaping cosmology  no reply but since discovered  that all BH emails are answered  by her PR company which also posts as BH on facebook and twitter 
likewise simon armitage will not reply but  the  actual addresse of SA email  will be a junior PR  accounts assistant at  SA's publisher  who is puzzling over  what  moods of wookey hole legends is actually about  if they bother to view this blog or  youtube video at all
Click to read my poems on www.poemhunter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment